Monday, July 2, 2012

You might be a history buff if you spend four hours in one museum...

Today we had class in a real class room, so that means I caught up on my journal and wrote some post cards. I know you're thinking I'm a bad student but I am really not he just repeats everything in his lectures that he has already told us. But afterwards me and Sarah met Sarah and Jennae at the imperial war museum. It was awesome! We spent a solid four hours in there. One of the better parts was the holocaust exhibit, they made it a personal journey through someone's life with videos and personal items. They did a really nice job of setting it up. Another cool part was that they set up a trench warfare experience and a blitz bomb shelter experience. They were both super cool! In the trench it actually looked, smelled, and felt like you were there. They even had 'bombs' going off and the whole trench would rattle. In the bomb shelter you walk in like they would and it was like you were spending the night in the bomb shelter for safety. It also sounded like bombs and rattled. Then ultou walk out and you saw the aftermath of the bombing it even smelled like it would. I just thought that was an awesome way to make someone really understand what it was like. That museum was probably my favorite one we have been too. Even after spending four hours there I could probably go back and look around again. After that we continued our normal Monday night tradition since we have been there and went to have five British pound burgers and fries at Bar. We spent almost two and half hours in there just hanging out. That's it for now now. Have a good night everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment